MINUTES OF TENBY HARBOUR USER’S ASSOCIATION COMMITTEE MEETING, TENBY SAILING CLUB – 14 JANUARY 2016
Angus Dunlop, Chair
Blake Shaw, Vice Chair
Bev Summers, Secretary
Paul Cowper, Legal Advisor
1. The Chair provided an update following the meeting held with Pembrokeshire County Council (PCC) on 13 October. Minutes of the meeting had been posted on Tenby Harbour User’s Association’s (THUA) Facebook page and on the THUA website.
2. The Chair advised that a further meeting with PCC would take place on 25 January in Tenby and would include a walk around the harbour estate. The Chair asked committee members for their thoughts on suggested agenda items for the meeting. A number of potential ideas were discussed and included the following:
• Further clarity to be sought on the 7 vacant moorings recently let out, PCC’s future intentions for the moorings, the position regarding the waiting list and to further explore the possibility of those wishing to move position in the harbour;
• 3 year lease on properties in the harbour estate/possibility of removing from the harbour account/harbour estate finances;
• Potential for outside tender for the management of the visitor moorings;
• General maintenance of the harbour;
• Explore possibility of holding monthly meetings with THUA Committee and the Harbourmaster/Deputy Harbourmaster.
3. Any Other Business. The Chair had received an invitation from Tenby Regeneration Team to attend a meeting on 22 January. The Team comprises of representatives from Tenby Town Council, Tenby Chamber of Trade and Tourism and Tenby Development Trust and looks at ways of accessing funding for specific projects to rejuvenate Tenby’s economy. The Chair confirmed that Paul Cowper and Bev Summers would attend the meeting.